4 June 2021: There were big celebrations at Maxol Newbridge last week, which was awarded the inaugural Best of the Best Store award at the annual NACS European Convenience Retail Awards.
The award was presented to Maxol Newbridge during the virtual NACS Convenience Summit Europe and importantly, the winner from Ireland was voted for by summit attendees – Maxol’s industry peers from all over Europe.
The European Convenience Retail Awards recognise and promote convenience retailing excellence in Europe and provide retailers with the opportunity to showcase their innovation and creativity to the global retailing community.
To be victorious, the Best of the Best Store winner must reflect an innovative and successful European convenience store that breaks new ground and sets new innovative standards for the industry.
Aramark, the global specialist in food and facilities management services, operates the service station on behalf of Maxol and speaking about the win, Brian Donaldson, CEO of The Maxol Group said; “This is an incredible achievement for the team in Newbridge. Not only is Maxol Newbridge the best of the best in Ireland, but the best in Europe as chosen by our industry peers. Congratulations to all of the team in Newbridge for their contribution and hard work in making it a day to remember in our long history. Last year we marked our centenary, this year we are celebrating a best-in-class win so there is a lot to be proud of within the Maxol family. I could not be prouder of our teams.”
Mark Cribbin, Operations Manager, Aramark Ireland said, “International recognition as ‘best of the best’ is an incredible achievement for any team and everyone in Aramark Ireland is immensely proud of our people in Newbridge. This award is the jewel in the crown for what is now a multi-award-winning Aramark-Maxol partnership, underpinned by the genuine pride our people take in their work – serving customers and creating fantastic forecourt experiences. I couldn’t be happier for the people who have worked tirelessly through a pandemic to make a positive impact on customers every day.”
The Best of the Best Store Award winner is chosen based on a number of criteria including the introduction of a new concept that is redefining the store’s offer; innovations that make consumers’ lives more convenient; the development of new growth categories and services; employee engagement and measured improvements in customers service and performance.
NACS is the global association for convenience and fuel retailing representing more than 1,500 retailer and 1,600 supplier members from more than 50 countries. The NACS Convenience Summit Europe is where global retailers gather each year to gain and share knowledge on strategic industry issues.
Recent innovations and developments that contributed to its win include:
- The re-development of Maxol Newbridge offers the latest in cutting edge technology and forecourt design. It signifies a new-age for the brand in Ireland as it is one of the first sites to have the consolidated Maxol look and feel across all touchpoints on the site
- The new store design has a customer-centric approach with a strong focus on simplicity. Simple navigation and communication facilitate busy lifestyles, making shopper missions easier, faster, more efficient and enjoyable in the grocery section.
- Featuring the new Maxol Deli, Newbridge offers customers a wide range of freshly made food, from a hot and tasty breakfast to on-trend speciality sandwiches
- The introduction of The Rotisserie has given Maxol an opportunity to develop, with Aramark, a Plug & Play food concept that taps into current food trends and customers can eat-in or on the go
- Burger King was added to the food offering providing customers with quality fast food with the famous flame grilled freshly prepared burgers to eat in store or to collect from the dedicated drive-thru
- The ROSA Coffee brand provides a bean to cup offering in store, giving time poor customers a fast and efficient service and delicious quality coffee in 100% compostable cups and lids
- Comfortable contemporary internal seating is provided for 66 people, with complimentary customer WIFI and charging points throughout. This new seating area provides a shared space for remote workers and families who want to enjoy a ROSA coffee or bite to eat
- The extensive service stationfacility offers two premium car washes with multiple payment options available on site (pay at pump and in store), premium services area, and parking for +40 vehicles
- Staff have been trained in the GUEST Customer Service model from Maxol’s award winning Customer Service Training Programme GUEST, ensuring customers get the Maxol Guest treatment every time they are in store
- Aramark has also provided mandatory training to staff around COVID-19 safety. Since the pandemic hit, Aramark also provide regular mental health and wellbeing workshops. As part of their ‘people first approach’, staff have access to a 24hr hotline and receive monthly emails with tips for sleeping/exercise, dealing with stress and much more.
About Maxol Newbridge
Located in Newbridge, Co. Kildare, just off Exit 12 on the M7, the store has transformed from 335m2 to 567m2 (just under double the size of the old store). This site now provides commuters, local residential and businesses an extensive range of forecourt convenience services and freshly prepared meal solutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visit www.maxol.ie for more information
About Aramark Northern Europe
Aramark is a leading service provider operating on behalf of clients across the EMEA region, in partnership with some of the world’s best-known brands. Aramark employs over 16,000 people throughout Northern Europe. The Aramark mission to deliver experiences that enrich and nourish lives aligns with a long-standing commitment to advance sustainable practices that minimise impacts to people, animals, and the environment.
Follow Aramark NE on Twitter: @AramarkNE and on Instagram: @aramark_ne